Garden at the Cellar, Cambridge

I'm back in Boston for the final haul before Winter Break, and I thought I would post about a meal I had recently with Michelle in Central Square. 

The Garden at the Cellar was first introduced to me by Nikki, who claims that this place has the BEST chicken paninis and the BEST french fries. They do offer a very delicious chicken panini with pesto, mozzarella, and roasted red peppers on their bar menu, but let me tell you that their fries are addictive. I've gone to the gym and driven to this place right after just to have some of the rosemary truffle fries. I've also biked here from Medford with a hangover to eat their fries as well. Let me tell you, good stuff. 


We decided to share a few small plates and started with the beet salad that was served with candied walnuts, goat cheese, and a sherry-walnut vin dressing. Not exactly what we were expecting, but good thing I like beets and goat cheese. 

We also had a roasted mushroom flatbread that was prepared with mozzarella and served with a salad on top. 

The butter basted scallops were very tasty and had a sweet sauce and plated on top of butter nut squash. 

And finally, here are the magical fries that just keep making me come back for more. Rosemary truffle fries. Fried and seasoned to perfection. 

This "gastropub" offers simple and familiar foods with a kick of modern flavor. I definitely recommend this place at all times of day and is perfect for a get together with friends, a casual date, or a not-so-healthy post-workout meal. 

Garden at the Cellar 
991 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138


Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee