Recovery mode


It happened. After two full years of dodging and swerving, Omarion got me. I was really tired for a day, had a fever for half a day. Took some herbs, woke up feeling good. Was SO congested for days. Still coughing up mucus more than a week later. Just finishing up more herbs now. Throughout the week, I stayed amply hydrated, though I still feel dry. 

Thank goodness I was at home, and I was able to stay hydrated with lots of congee and bone broth. Steaming hot purple sweet potatoes were comforting. High quality fats like sardines, eggs, butter, and olive oil felt right.  Chose mushrooms for vitamin D. Did lots of foot soaks for magnesium and muscle soreness. It felt good to treat myself tenderly. I slept earlier, woke up with the late winter sunrise. I prepared every meal and snack for myself. I adored the special food deliveries with treats and homemade fried rice from my aunt and cousin. I started reading again. I started practicing restorative yoga again. I don't even remember why I don't always take things this slowly and gently. 

This is a reminder to be kind to yourself always <3 



anti-inflammatory herbal tea


rehydrating shrooms


a kaiseki inspired quarantine meal by my mom


homemade noodle soup in a kombu shiitake miso broth

I tried to stay away from added sugars, but these mini taiyaki were especially delivered

found homemade dumplings in the freezer

very much enjoyed reading through every recipe in the ATLA cookbook


herbal tea for cough

Canto steamed fish meal with my mom

soak adzuki beans to make mochi


Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee