Feed your brain: antioxidants, healthy fats, and whole grains


Everyone around me is getting sick, so I've been extra mindful to include lots of vitamin C and high antioxidant foods to counter all the germs spreading around. I've also been meditating almost daily, and I realized that going meat-free has helped me avoid a lot of post meal itis situations by keeping my mind and body light. In preparation for my reiki workshop last weekend, I made a colorful brunch to fuel my mind and to keep my immune system strong. I've been trying to cut down on the caffeine from all the green tea I drink, so I whipped up some lemongrass tea with a few goji berries for the aroma therapy and antioxidants. Enjoy the colorful recipes! And note - I carry this trail mix everywhere I go now. 



Whole grain brain bowl (serves 2-3)
1 cup brown rice, cooked
1 cup barley, cooked
1 cup edamame beans, shelled 
1/2 sweet potato, roasted 
1 tbsp sesame seeds 
2 tbsp olive oil 
1 in knob ginger 
1 tsp sesame oil
salt to taste 

1. In a large skillet, heat ginger in oil. Once slight browned, add brown rice, barley, edamame, and sesame seeds until fragrant 
2. Mix in sweet potato until warm 
3. Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil
4. Top with sesame seeds to serve
________________________________________

Papaya bowl (serves 2)
1 papaya
1 pomegranate seeded*
2 lime wedges 

1. Empty our papaya
2. Replace papaya seeds with pomegranate seeds
3. Squeeze on the lime juice and serve 

*If no pomegranate seeds available, use blueberries 

________________________________________

Mind shine trail mix (serves 4-6)
1 c walnuts
1/2 c macadamia nuts 
1/4 c dark chocolate covered cashews
1/4 c dried strawberries **

1. Mix all ingredients together
2. Store in air tight container for 2-3 weeks 

**Feel free to use any dried fruit of choice





Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee