A week in New Orleans

Last month I had the pleasure of visiting my old home, New Orleans. I was there for Tulane's Health Meets Food: Culinary Medicine Conference, but I extended my stay a few extra days to bask in the unending deliciousness and undeniable charm of NOLA. Having moved for more than a year ago, I really do know what it means to miss New Orleans. It's to miss the drums and trumpets sounding in a distance, to not have a gas station down the block serving greasy meals, to dance down the streets without a drink nor worry in your head. It's a magical city with boundless energy, welcoming souls, and comforting food. Why did I ever leave?

Chargrilled oysters and gumbo at Auction House

TRUTH MATTERS on Press Street

Cajun Seafood to go - jumbo shrimp $8.99 a pound

I love the ancient oaks at Audubon Park

The best crispy wings at MoPho (lemongrass, ginger, Thai chili) 

Cocktails and small plates at Cane and Table

My morning essential: frozen Irish coffee + Jameson at Molly's

Best thing I ate this trip: the cat daddy fried chicken biscuit
with crawfish gravy at Bearcat Cafe

Studio Be in the Bywater

Sweet Lou's Nectar Cream snoball at Imperial Woodpecker


Fish tacos with mango slaw and baked plantain chips
at a Tulane Culinary Medicine workshop held at NOCCA


Necessary gulf oysters at Acme Oyster House (yes, I'm basic)

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee