Self-care Sundays: spa water, honey glow face masks, & coconut oil sugar scrubs

 

Sometimes you just need a spa day. A detox from all the mental and physical clutter of living. It's rare to find myself spending a day at home, but when I do, I make it worth it. I started this Sunday with some oil pulling and sun salutations, followed by breakfast and mindfulness exercises. I always focus on hydration and getting in my greens, but I needed a little extra self care this time and made some natural skin remedies. 

The first time Chris and I did self-care Sunday (after a blustery weekend at Joshua Tree), we made honey lemon cinnamon face masks. We decided to up the boujee on a budget and added an avocado, which made the mask feel much more moisturizing and resulted with optimal glow. After face masks came the full body coconut oil sugar scrubs with essential oils, which let me tell you left our skin silky smooth -- just in time for the massages. Why I haven't used my kitchen ingredients for skin care before is beyond me because clearly I got everything I need in my pantry for the glow up.  

Even if you don't get to the masks and the scrubs, you should always take some time out of your week to relax and cultivate your body and mind! 


Spa water 
32 oz water
1 cucumber, sliced
1 lemon, sliced

1. Place all ingredients into a large pitcher
2. Allow ingredients to diffuse for at least 30 min to an hour
3. Add more water as needed 
______________________________________________________

Honey glow face mask (for 2)
1/2 avocado 
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cinnamon

1. Mash / blend all ingredients together to a smooth paste 
2. Apply onto face, avoiding eyes
3. Leave on for 10-12 minutes, gently rinse off with warm water 
4. Moisturize per usual routine 
______________________________________________________

Coconut oil sugar scrub (for 2)
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp sugar 
2 drops lavender essential oil
2 drops orange essential oil 

1. Mix all ingredients together
2. Gently exfoliate skin 
3. Rinse off with warm water 


Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee