Bell pepper and beans bake


Happy Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day! In honor of my certification, I'm sharing this delicious Moroccan inspired recipe with you that my fellow RD at UCLA taught me several months back. Now when I have red bell peppers, this is really all I make. She originally baked this with salmon, but now I just make this nutrient packed vegan dish regularly to go with whatever else I'm eating. Whenever I do a taste test out of the pan, I find myself just straight eating out of the pan. The natural flavors of the ingredients and spices really meld together for a mouthwatering finish! 


Bell pepper and beans bake
6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
2 bell peppers, chopped 
15 oz chickpeas, rinsed and drained 
15 oz pinto beans, rinsed and drained 
2 serrano chiles, minced
1 red onion, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
4 tbsp olive oil 
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp Cajun spice 
1/2 tsp black pepper 
1/2 tsp tumeric 
salt to taste 

1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. Mix all ingredients in a deep baking dish
3. Bake for 40 minutes or until tomatoes are soft

✓ vegetables 
✓ protein 
✓ fiber 


Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee