Peach Ice Box Pie


I have a new favorite season. Peach season. How was it so fleeting? When I asked the farmers at the market what type of peaches they'll have next week, they told me that they were out and to see them next year. It came and went, leaving me with the sweetest taste in my daydreams. To preserve some of that summer goodness, I decided to sacrifice two of my ripest plumpest peaches for an ice box pie. 

Because you know me, and I can't seem to follow directions, I made my own version of the decadent southern dessert. I crushed up shortbread biscuits for the crust and mixed the sweetened condensed milk with coconut milk. Perfect pie for a late summer Louisiana afternoon! 







Coconut Peach Icebox Pie
2 peaches, sliced

for the crust: 
1 cup almond flour
6 pieces shortbread biscuit, crushed
2 tbs butter, melted
1 tbs coconut oil, melted
2 tbs maple syrup 

for the filling:
8 oz sweetened condensed milk
4 oz coconut milk
2 tbs lemon juice

to serve: mint leaves

1. Mix together all ingredients for the crust and press down evenly into a pie dish. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours. 
2. Remove pie dish from freezer and line with peach slices.
3. Pour filling over peach, place in freezer for 3-5 hrs or until frozen. 
4. Thaw for 5-10 minutes before serving 
5. Serve with mint! 



Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee