Easy barbecue country style ribs


Just got back to New Orleans from New York and a family holiday to Italia (photos to come)! After some time away from the south, I was really missing barbecue. Lucky me, the first day back I went grocery shopping, there was a pack of country style ribs on sale. Got the pack, seasoned the ribs, slow baked them in my skillet, and had amazing tender barbecue all in less than 2 hours. So easy, so good, so can't believe I didn't try making my own ribs until now. 

Next time I'm going to try making my own char siu honey soy sauce! 



Barbecue country style ribs 
2 lb bone in country style ribs
1/2 tsp Cajun spice (Slap Ya Mama spicy) 
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1-2 tsp oil (peanut, olive, canola, your choice) 
1/3 cup barbecue sauce * 

1. Mix together all spices and rub seasoning onto ribs 
2. Preheat oven to 315F 
3. In a cast iron skillet, sear ribs in oil over high heat until slightly browned on both sides
4. Place skillet in oven and bake covered (I used a sheet of foil) for 90 minutes or until ribs are tender
5. Brush barbecue sauce on ribs and broil on high for 3-5 minutes
6. Remove from oven and serve! 

* For barbecue sauce, I used Jay D's hand crafted Louisiana small batch barbecue sauce that I got for free (best swag bag ever!) from a lecture I attended at the Southern Food and Beverage Museum. 

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee