Parmesan Garlic Roasted Asparagus

After a rough Sunday, I needed an uplifting dinner to brighten my mood. I had about 5lb of meat waiting in my freezer because I am splitting a meat CSA (community supported agriculture) with my friend Katie. She gets 10lb of lamb chorizo, ground turkey, pork loin, beef cuts, and more per month from Lilac Hedge Farm for $8.80 a pound. I defrosted the lamb chorizo and pulled out one of my favorite go-to recipes: Italian sausage and broccoli rabe orecchiette. The lamb chorizo was very flavorful and substituted great in the recipe. But really what really surprised me this meal was how delicious my asparagus turned out! Definitely a side worth making all the time.   


Parmesan Garlic Roasted Asparagus (serves 2-3)
1 bunch asparagus
1-2 tbs olive oil
1/3 tsp salt
5 cloves garlic, slivered
1 tbs Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Lay out the asparagus in a single layer on a baking tray.
3. Drizzle on the olive oil, salt, and garlic. Make sure it's mixed well.
4. Top with a generous layer of Parmesan.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee