Alice's Tea Cup


Alice's Tea Cup is a dream come true for any little girl who has ever wanted to have a tea party that rivals Alice's in Wonderland. It is also an ideal spot for girls with pink tutus that aspire to be princesses and fairies. But most of all, it for anyone with a yearning for tea and scones any times of day. Alice is most renowned for her scone selection and vast tea collection. 

My grandma and I brought my mom for a lunchtime birthday tea celebration. For those of you who know me, you know I am all about high tea. The three of us shared the Mad Hatter set which came with two scones served with preserves and cream, two choices of sandwiches, assorted cookies, a lemon tart, and a pot of tea. We also ordered an extra pot of tea as well as a soup and a warm pear blue cheese salad. 

The pumpkin scone was more moist than I remember and resembled more of a bread than a scone. Their mixed berry scone was a more accurate scone, and I thoroughly enjoyed it with the cream and preserves. The three of us shared a birthday tea, a black tea blend with tropical fruit, and a ginger tea that was too mild for me. The sandwiches were not too memorable, but we had a smoked salmon with lemon dill on pumpernickel and an egg salad with watercress on seven grain bread. 

I would recommend coming to this place with close girlfriends, a birthday party for girls 12 and under, or if you just want some tea and scones (I would personally skip the tower sets). All three locations have pretty tight space, so be sure to make a reservation ahead of time because they get quite packed any day of the week.

I think the cozy English-inspired tea house environment outshone the food, but that's not the important aspect of a good afternoon tea, right? It's all about having the right company. 


Pumpkin scone and mixed berry scone
Chopped tea-egg salad
Three generations enjoying high tea 


Alice's Tea Cup Chapter I
102 W 73rd Street
New York, NY

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee