|The cookies served with a cantaloupe and ginger smoothie|
|Look at how creamy that is!|
|Who doesn't love a full cookies jar?|
Raspberry Peach Thumbprint Lemon Cookies
1 1/4 cup all- purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
16oz butter at room temperature (I used a butter, canola oil, olive oil blend spread)*
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
Large handful of raspberries
1 small peach, pitted and sliced
2-3 tbsp brown sugar
*Next time I'm going to try using coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly butter 2 large baking sheets.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk well.
3. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer (or a food processor because I don't own a mixer) to beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in the egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla.
4. Fold in the flour mixture and gather the dough in a ball. Set aside to start on the preserve!
5. Place raspberries, peach, slices, and a tablespoon of sugar in the blender.
6. Blend at a low speed until there are no visible chunks. Add additional sugar to taste.
7. Pinch off 1-inch balls from the dough (about 1 tbsp worth of dough) and place on the baking sheet, spacing about 1-inch apart.
8. Use a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon to form indents onto each of balls.
9. Fill each of the cookies with about a 1/2 tsp on raspberry peach preserve.
10. Bake until golden brown or about 20 minutes. Cool before serving.